Introducing ESC’s Sea Star Membership!
Sea stars (Pisaster ochraceus) are a keystone species, which means that they play a crucial role in health of the ecosystem. Our rocky intertidal ecosystem at Seahurst Park would be dramatically different if these populations were not here. When you become a member, you are acting as the sea star in our ecosystem! Our members make a huge impact on our students and ultimately, the environment.
Our membership is simple- $10 a month for a year. In your first year, you alone will provide $120 worth of support. In terms of impact, that translates to allowing one high school student to work with a mentor here at ESC for their senior culminating project as well as providing transportation for 10 students participating in our Beach Heroes program.
What does becoming a member entail? Not only are you at the forefront of providing experiential environmental education, you’re set to receive great membership benefits, including:
- A member-exclusive Private Beach tour will be held on Sunday, June 25th from 10:30-11:30am. Enjoy a tour of Seahurst Beach during one of the lowest tides of the year. An ESC naturalist will guide the group to hot spots for spotting marine life like seastars, crabs, anemones and clams. Tours are for members plus one. RSVP by June 20th with Jennifer: 206-248-4266 or Jennifer@EnvScienceCenter.org. Details will be sent after RSVP is received.
- Discounts at local businesses including Eat Local
- Free vinyl ESC logo sticker! Love ESC? Slap one of our new, weather and waterproof stickers on your favorite water bottle or notebook!
- Insider scoops on new programs and events!
- 10% discount on ESC merchandise! Have you checked out our new t-shirts, beanies and trucker caps? Books not included.