Introducing ESC’s Sea Star Membership!
Sea stars (Pisaster ochraceus) are a keystone species, which means that they play a crucial role in health of the ecosystem. Our rocky intertidal ecosystem at Seahurst Park would be dramatically different if these populations were not here. When you become a member, you are acting as the sea star in our ecosystem! Our members make a huge impact on our students and ultimately, the environment.
Our membership is simple- $10 a month for a year. In your first year, you alone will provide $120 worth of support. In terms of impact, that translates to allowing one high school student to work with a mentor here at ESC for their senior culminating project as well as providing transportation for 10 students participating in our Beach Heroes program.
What does becoming a member entail? Not only are you at the forefront of providing experiential environmental education, you’re set to receive great membership benefits, including:
- A member-exclusive Salmon Walk! Check out one of our Salmon Heroes sites in Renton and enjoy a walk down the stream with one of our trained naturalists! This exclusive experience will chronicle the last leg of the salmon’s journey Salmon walks will take place in October, exact date TBD.
- Discounts at local businesses including Eat Local and Elliott Bay Brewing
- Free vinyl ESC logo sticker! Love ESC? Slap one of our new, weather and waterproof stickers on your favorite water bottle or notebook!
- Insider scoops on new programs and events!
- 10% discount on ESC merchandise! Have you checked out our new t-shirts, beanies and trucker caps? Books not included.