Introducing ESC’s Sea Star Membership!
Sea stars (Pisaster ochraceus) are a keystone species, which means that they play a crucial role in health of the ecosystem. Our rocky intertidal ecosystem at Seahurst Park would be dramatically different if these populations were not here. When you become a member, you are acting as the sea star in our ecosystem! Our members make a huge impact on our students and ultimately, the environment.
Our membership is simple- $10 a month for a year. In your first year, you alone will provide $120 worth of support. In terms of impact, that translates to allowing one high school student to work with a mentor here at ESC for their senior culminating project as well as providing transportation for 10 students participating in our Beach Heroes program.
What does becoming a member entail? Not only are you at the forefront of providing experiential environmental education, you’re set to receive great membership benefits, including:
- Member-exclusive nature walks: Watch salmon spawning, discover the nocturnal habits of beach invertebrates, forage for plants, learn to identify birds, and more! Each season, you and other members can join one of our
expert naturalists on a 2 hour journey into wildlife hotspots. A $55 value!
- Discounts at local businesses! Savings of $80+
- Eat Local: Get half off an Eat Local membership ($40 value!)
- Elliott Bay Brewing: Get $5 off every $35 you spend! (Burien location only)
- Full Tilt: Get 10% off your total order (White Center location only)
- Phoenix Tea: Get 15% off all loose leaf teas
- Pickled and Preserved: Get $5 off when you spend $35, $10 off when you spend $75
- Hot Feet Fitness: Get a monthly membership at the student rate of $40/month!
- Free vinyl ESC logo sticker! Love ESC? Slap one of our new, weather and waterproof stickers on your favorite water bottle or notebook!
- Insider scoops on new programs and events!
- 10% discount on ESC merchandise! Have you checked out our new t-shirts, beanies and trucker caps? Books not included.
Our members are more than just steady donors. They’re a part of our community here at the Environmental Science Center.
Are you a business owner looking to make a difference in your community?
You can support ESC through providing a discount to our members! We have no set minimum or guidelines for the amount of the discount, it’s yours to make on your own terms. Our members are invested in the community and actively support small and local businesses. Contributing to the common good helps your bottom line! For more information, contact Emelia Williams at firstname.lastname@example.org.