Every dollar counts. How can your donation make a difference?
- $25 Allows 10 kids to ride the bus to and from a field study program at Seahurst Beach, Normandy Park Cove , Cecil Moses Park or Cedar River Park. Schools districts have made severe cut backs to funds to teachers for transportation, but with your help ESC can make up the difference.
- $50 Provides a K-2nd grade class of 26 kids with an hour long presentation on their Backyard Ecosystems which is integrated with their classroom curriculum and includes a scavenger hunt.
- $75 Supports a class to become Water Heroes through a presentation that emphasizes watershed sustainability. Students learn the difference between a sewer and storm drain, identify street run-off, and explore examples of watershed restoration.
- $100 Gives a High School student the opportunity to work with a mentor in Environmental Science for their senior culminating project.
- $150 Provides a class with a 1½ hour intensive Field Study at Seahurst Beach introducing 26 students to our local marine habitat and the organisms that live there. Through study of the intertidal ecosystem, students learn about the importance of environmental stewardship to protect Puget Sound.
- $200 Supplies a class with 3 hours of instruction and field study on Scientific Method. Through the process of collecting soil samples, making a hypothesis, drawing conclusions and recognizing variables, 26 students connect their information to environmental issues and stewardship practices.
- $500 Underwrites a complete class program of a teacher’s choice for 26 kids including bus transportation. Also, provides materials that support teachers in the Highline School District with students’ Science Notebooks.
- $1,000 Sponsors all 4th, 5th, or 6th grade students at an elementary school with transportation and four hours of instruction and field study to explore the Lifecycle of Salmon including hands-on experiences such as examining internal/external fish anatomy through dissection, identifying salmon habitat needs and limiting factors through analysis of water quality.
- $2,500 Funds a 10-week free after-school class for low income students. On average, students in South King County score lower on state testing in Science, but with your generous support ESC is working to close this achievement gap.
Introducing our new membership program!
A $10 donation each month will earn you a spot in our membership! Not only are you at the forefront of providing experiential environmental education, you’re set to receive great membership benefits, including: a private Beach Heroes tour, private beach walk with a naturalist, a free ESC sticker and discounts on all of our merchandise. You’ll also be first-to-hear about our new programs and event dates! Sign up above!
Or send checks (payable to Environmental Science Center) to:
Environmental Science Center
126 SW 148th Street, Suite C100-170
Burien, WA 98166
Other Ways to Give:
- State of Washington Employees can now give to the Environmental Science Center, through the Combined Fund Drive (CFD) via payroll deduction – the most efficient way to give at work. Please visit the CFD website and use the “Search Charites” button at the top with our code 1479983 to make a tax deductible donation to our organization.
- We encourage supporting local vendors and purchasing waste-free gifts, but sometimes online shopping is necessary. Put that shopping to more good use! Click here and Amazon will give part of your purchase back to ESC.